This is a project for my Women's Studies class. I believe that great women are horribly underrepresented in history, and I think that needs to change. In an attempt to raise awareness about women's contributions to world history, I made 48 posters, each dedicated to a different historical figure, and put them up around campus. While you are reading, here are things to keep in mind:
1. These may not include enough info for your liking, but these have to fit on an 8x11 piece of paper, so I have to be choosy.
2. If you find factual errors or have a problem with a post, let me know and I'll do what I can to fix it. Also, feel free to reblog with corrections.
3. If you have a problem with one of the reading suggestions, again, let me know what would be better and I'll fix it. (I haven't read all of them because I'm only 20 and I have not had enough years in my life to read every single one of these books.)
4. I can handle criticism, as long as it is constructive and communicated in a civilized manner, and not full of aggression and menacing angryness. I'm only a freshman and probably an idiot, so a gentle touch is needed.
5. This is an extra credit project and something I'm doing in addition the other mountains of work that I have, so some of these were written in about 15 minutes. Sorry. It's the college way. So enjoy the blog. Happy history-hunting. :)